Check back for details
Camping at the Bluegrass Festival
- Dry camping and RV parking are available adjacent to the festival grounds with overflow camping nearby. Campers will be assigned spots on a first come, first serve basis, although you can prepay for your campsite when purchasing your festival tickets online.
Pre-paying guarantees you a campsite. Camping opens at noon on the Thursday the Festival begins and campers must exit the campground no later than 10 am the following Monday.
- There will no longer be a designated “quiet” area. Our camp hosts will do their best to accommodate those that want a more quiet area, but there is no designated quiet area.
- Pet camping options have been expanded. Please let our camp hosts know about your pets as you register at the camping entrance.
- NO overnight RV parking or camping is allowed in the Town of Westcliffe public parking lot on Rosita Ave.
General Camping Guidelines
- All Festival campers must be attending the Festival and wear the Festival wristband at all times.
- A camping fee of $20 per site will be charged covering your entire festival stay (Thursday noon thru Monday 10 a.m.) to be paid on upon entering the festival grounds if not paid through our online site.
- Camping area admission is on a first-come, first serve basis. You are guaranteed a camping spot if you pay in advance through our online site.
- Upon check-in, campers will be issued a camping pass to be displayed and visible in the windshield of your vehicle. Vehicles may leave and re-enter the camping area, but no vehicle will be admitted to the camping area without a camping pass.
- High Mountain Hay Fever is not responsible and any lost or stolen articles
- No RV parking or camping is allowed in the North day parking lot during the duration of the Festival
- There are no electrical or water hookups in the Festival camping area. If you prefer a full service campground, local options are also listed on the Lodging page. We will make every effort to make potable water available from a tank on a trailer on site.
- Quiet hours will be enforced from 10 pm each evening until 7 am the following morning. This means RV generators must be shut down and ATVs and motorcycles cannot be used in the main camping areas during these times.
- For tent campers, shower facilities are available at our community Rec Center, Altitude Community Fitness, 50 E Main St in Silver Cliff . Call 719-783-0750 for details or visit their website.
- Pets will be allowed in a designated section of the camping area only and a surcharge of $10 for each pet will be levied upon arrival.
- Pet camping options have been expanded to include lots "B" and "E." Please let our camp hosts know about your pets as you register at the camping entrance.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times. Owners must clean up after their pets or will be asked to leave with no refund. Owners of loud or threatening pets will be asked to leave with no refund. Owners are solely responsible for their pets. Pets are not allowed in areas other than the camping area designated for pets.
- NO PETS ARE ALLOWED IN THE PERFORMANCE AREA EXCEPT SERVICE ANIMALS. If you need to board your animal, here are local suggestions: High Peaks Animal Hospital in Silver Cliff or Eight Mile Ranch Kennel near Canon City or KLB Kennel in Penrose.
- If you and a number of friends want to camp together in a group, we will do our best to accommodate you. Please send an email message to us via our Camping email address with the following information: the name under which the group request should be listed (you'll need to inform your group mates), the number of sites required and the size of the camping units based on the following specifications:
- TYPE I: RV or 5th Wheel greater than 28 feet in length
- TYPE II: RV or 5th Wheel 28 feet in length or less
- TYPE III: Trailer greater than 24 feet in length
- TYPE IV: Trailer 24 feet in length or less
- TYPE V: Camper/Van/Class C
- TYPE VI: Tent
RV Dump Stations
RV Dump Stations are available at the following sites:
RV Club Guidelines
- High Mountain Hay Fever will accept camping reservations for a limited number of RV clubs.
- Make reservations for a minimum of 8 RVs that are club members. We need a list of attendees by June 15th of each year
- Purchase Festival tickets at the time camping reservations are made.
- Provide confirmation that the camping reservation is for a viable RV club, (website, organization charter, etc.)
- Provide the size of the recreational vehicles
- Provide a single point of contact for communication
- RV clubs will observe the published dates and hours for Festival camping
- Campfires are not allowed at any time on the festival grounds, and this includes the camping area.
- Propane fueled barbecue grills are allowed depending on fire restrictions, but charcoal grills are not allowed.
- If a fire ban is in effect at the time of the festival, it is possible that no outdoor burning of any kind will be allowed and this may include propane grills and smoking. Any special restrictions will be posted and/or announced at the site.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited.
Thank you to these HMHF Sponsors